Monday, March 30, 2009

Side Bag

Monday, March 30, 2009
This is really only minimally food-related but was so funny to me that I had to post it somewheres.

Yesterday, my sister performed a beautiful piece with the Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra. Many members of our family were in attendance including my nephew Henry. He came to the show with an old Kodak camera bag slung across his body and so we had this little exchange right before going into the concert hall.

Me: "Hey Hen, did you bring a camera? We should take some pictures."
Henry (sly): "Ummm...not really."

He digs around in there for a little bit and produces a doughnut, which he informs me he is saving for intermission. I really like his style.

Later over dinner his mother told me he has been calling this camera case his "side bag" and she believes it to be Indiana Jones inspired. I don't think Indy had cinnamon-sugar in his pouch but whatever I LOVE the interpretation.

1 comments:

the jewess said...

That kid is smart. I'm going to start bringing a "side bag" to all my performances. Including the doughnut.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Piefinger © 2008. Design by Pocket | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates