Friday, April 17, 2009

Off the Record

Friday, April 17, 2009
This is obviously in no way related to cooking or baking but today some of my co-workers stumbled upon a site called Ghost of the Doll. I am endlessly grateful that it brought me back to one of my best beloved toys: KEYPERS. If you were a girl in the 1980s, you probably had one of these. They made ladybugs, snails, kangaroos, penguins, and most importantly, swans, that had secret compartments somewhere on their body that you could store stuff in and lock up with a plastic key. My friend Sara noted that a lot of little girl toys of that era involved some sort of deception or concealment. I guess that's what little girls like but even so these are just....well read the premise

Really? No one at the toy store wanted a kitten but they DID want a parrot? A parrot with paws? A parrot with paws that is clearly a cat? These toys also purr when you hug them.

Anyway the KEYPER that I had was a swan. This swan.

The only thing left to say after that is this

Thanks for reminding me again and again how beautiful my jewelry is Dad!
It's true that this ENORMOUS hair clip that folds out into a baby is so discreet, you would never know that it's hair clip that folds out into a baby.

Dads don't know anything.

1 comments:

David said...

Man, the only thing I had in 1908 was cholera :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Piefinger © 2008. Design by Pocket | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates