Friday, July 18, 2008

Joe Mande, Don't Get Auf'd

Friday, July 18, 2008
Another season of Project Runway, another contestant that looks like a gay version of the missing link between my friend Joe Mande and Chris Kattan. This is Joe:

He is a talented writer and comedian living in New York City and we had many classes together in high school. During the last season of Project Runway, a lot of Joe's friends (and some strangers) went out of their way to tell him how much he looked like and reminded them of the contest winner Christian Siriano.

Maybe it's hard to see the similarity if you have never met Joe in person or heard him speak, but believe me it's there. The girls that I watch PR with also went to school with Joe and as we recognized Christian to be the gay Joe, we gained affinity for him and cheered him on to victory during the last season. Based on this fact alone, I have chosen my season five winner and it's Daniel Feld:

He was the one that made the cup dress in the first challenge. As with any reality show, it's hard to keep all these "characters" straight until a couple episodes in so my screening group assigns quick and easy nicknames to their favorites.
Daniel=Joe Mande
Korto=Jennifer Hudson
Jerry (auf'd)=Uncks, which was derived from Uncle Jerry, which is NOT a nickname
Blayne=Orangeface
Suede=NEXT TO GO

I am excited to see what happens.

1 comments:

Maven said...

So sad that I don't have the cable. Watching it on the internets just ain't the same.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Piefinger © 2008. Design by Pocket | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates