Friday, July 25, 2008

Smell Ya Later

Friday, July 25, 2008
WOW I just have to say that, so far, today has been exceptionally smelly. Maybe it was the early morning, disgustingly humid air that brought out the worst in Northeast and downtown Minneapolis but my bus just smelled straight up of urine. And the guy next to me was like convulsing with laughter at whatever he was reading so I kind of leaned under him to try and see the dust jacket and make note. You want to know what it was? A Midsummer Night's Dream. I mean, yeah, it is categorized as a "comedy" but it's like a study in comedy. It's comedy for people who don't watch TV. Plus, really? I mean I appreciate the mirth and the myth and the fantasy of the writing but like, laugh out loud on the bus funny? I just don't think it's what Bottom and Robin Goodfellow originally intended.

Somewhere around Dunn Brothers smelled just like old potato salad, and then I was hit my the overwhelming stench of like, a dog's ear, you know? Like something that smells like it is waxy and cavernous and INside. SICK! People always say that they love the smell of the air after the rain. But to me it does not smell fresh and washed away. It smells like all the smelliest smells that have been hiding under the blanket of dryness have released themselves from the earth and come out to play with their other, dirty-little-kid friends.

Not to mention the worms. You can talk about Easter and rebirth and buds on the trees all you like, but this is the reason I don't like Spring in general and crave the Fall all year round. Even when it is Fall.

Anyway, as sort of a disclaimer, I would like to say to the people that I work with at my full-time job who might read this blog, per yesterday's post I do not plan to quit.

But I will probably quit my restaurant job. I have never quit a job before and would like some tips on how to make it a little bit dramatic. I plan on, at the very least, a strongly worded letter to my new manager listing my reasons for quitting.

What I don't want to do is sing a little song about it like when Johnathan Schaech (?) quits The Wonders in That Thing You Do. My roommate feels this scene is "embarrassing."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

maybe he was reading a book of fart jokes and was using the Midsummer dust jacket to fool people on the bus.

Piefinger said...

do you think I ride the bus with Sarah Korsch?

"Yes, a good faaaahhhtt joke."
"Sarah, that is a terrible Southern accent."

Sarah said...

you wish you rode the bus with sarah korsch. i feel like my accents and poo stories would make for a lovely commute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Piefinger © 2008. Design by Pocket | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates